Blush is without a doubt one of my favourite makeup items. I love buying new blushes to add to my collection and throughout have discovered some real gems. I have seen this tag floating around blogs for a long while now and I thought I would give my input into some of my favourite and not so favourite blush picks!
So I have wanted to do a nice uplifting and positive blog post about happiness for a while but I wasn’t exactly sure what to write about. I was then given the perfect opportunity when the lovely Claire from Claire – My Life In Words tagged me in the 50 things that make you happy tag! Thank you again to Claire and I am going to try and rustle up 50 things, gah what a struggle! Also, feel free to try this tag out yourself, I would love to see more of these! So without further a do here we go, in no particular order…
- Family – obvs.
- Friends – again obvs.
- Makeup – my life and soul.
- Student discount – everyone likes a discount!
- Trying new skincare – skin loving is the best loving!
- Spending all my time browsing House of Fraser’s beauty department – time well spent!
- Topshop free shipping – Who doesn’t love free shipping!?
- Topshop itself – I just love Topshop.
- Blogging – of course! I really don’t know what I would be doing without my blog!
- One Direction – don’t even get me started!
- Harry Styles – I had to count him separately as well okay!
- Listening to a new album for the first time – its nice to hear something new!
- Glee – I am so sad its over
- Sales – Doesn’t a sale make us all happy!
- Coronation Street – stole this one from Claire haha!
- Monsters Inc – I will forever love Mike Wazowski
- The scent of Thierry Mugler Alien – Best scent ever.
- Mumford and Sons – Love, love, love.
- Travelling abroad – there is nothing more exciting than visiting a new place!
- H&M Home – The best place for home decor, love ❤
- Luxury Candles – Diptyque is the answer to everything.
- McDonald’s Big Mac – the best burger ever.
- Nandos – best chicken ever.
- Getting to the end of a book – sad but feeling accomplished
- Millie’s white chocolate cookies – yum!
- Baking – I love my cakes!
- Great British Bake Off – One of my fave TV shows!
- White walls – Blame Pinterest!
- Charlotte Tilbury – no need for explanation!
- Beauty Youtube Videos – Lily Pebbles and Vivianna Does Makeup!
- Christmas! – The best time of year.
- Domino’s Pizza – the best pizza ever.
- A striped top – ain’t nothing better than stripes!
- A new handbag – I just love bags.
- Getting Dressed up – There is something so satisfying about wearing your best makeup!
- Going to concerts – It is super exciting seeing someone live!
- Spending points – i.e Boots/Space NK – Free goodies!
- Body Shop offers – sweet deals!
- Face Masks – Nothing more relaxing!
40. Having a job – finally yay!
- Holidays from uni – woo time to sleep!
- Duty Free – basically heaven.
- Learning to drive – the thought of being able to drive is so exciting!
- Going out for dinner – always good for something a bit different!
- Cocktails – yum *cocktail emoji*
- Reading beauty blogs – my favourite thing to do.
- Getting my hair done – being lazy and having nice hair, yes please!
- Going to weddings – who doesn’t love a good wedding!
- Wi-fi – essentials, right!?
- Trying a new foundation – ooo new skin!
- Italian Ice cream with raspberry sauce – best bit of Summer.
And… relax. I managed 50 and to be honest it was a lot easier than expected! Do give this tag a try if you wish, I would love to read your answers 🙂
What makes you happy?
I do love reading a good selection of blogs both on WordPress and Bloglovin. In terms of books I am not the biggest reader but I did get some John Green Books a while back and have started to dig my way through them. Watching wise you can never go wrong with Friends! I also like to spend my spare time catching up on programmes such as Glee and 2 Broke Girls.
Anything that is really bad for me! I love a bit of nutella on toast and a Cadburys Hot chocolate with whipped cream ❤ If I am feeling that little bit more nutritional then I will go for some sliced apples with peanut butter.
I had seen this tag countless times on various blogs and thought why not give it a go. After all we all have something to be a little guilty over when it comes to beauty, right!?
What is your most expensive and your most inexpensive beauty product?
Most expensive would have to be my Urban Decay Naked Palettes that retail for £37 and my most inexpensive would probably be the one remaining MUA lipstick that I have not touched in years *oops* which was £1.
What beauty products do you have a love and hate relationship with?
Probably pressed powder. I used to loathe powder but I have accepted it that bit more now. I struggle with it a lot though as I have dry skin on my cheeks and a lot of the time it sticks to my dry patches.
What are your most delicious beauty products?
Without a doubt my Lush Lip scrub in Cola. Its edible, do I even need to say any more.
What beauty product do you neglect due to laziness?
Probably eyelash curlers. I really shouldn’t because my lashes could do with that extra lift but I guess it just slips my mind and it doesn’t help I have ridiculously useless eyelash curlers.
What product gives you most confidence?
Eye makeup, particularly mascara. Its the one item I just couldn’t live without it just dramatically changes my face and makes my eyes look a lot bigger.
What product makes you feel more attractive?
Similar to the last question despite the love for having a good base I believe its all in the eyes. Mascara, mascara, mascara.
What beauty item would you most like to receive as a gift?
Just one! I would have to say the incredibly pricey but luxurious and to die for Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar bronze and glow palette.
So what is your 7 deadly sins of makeup? Feel free to try this tag out 🙂
Its about time I started to get a little festive here on the blog and there is nothing better than a good tag, Christmas edition! Its just over a week til my favourite day of the year so I threw some questions together, I hope you enjoy it and I would love to see y’all try it out yourself!
1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie?
Difficult question. I am not a big movie person but I do love a good Christmas one. Probably Elf or Love Actually, I can’t even decide.
2. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No I don’t. I don’t actually do anything special or have any traditions on Christmas Eve, it gets saved til Christmas Day itself!
3. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Probably my iPad I received a couple of years ago. I really don’t know what I would do without it and the best bit is that I never even asked for one or expected to get it, what a lovely surprise 🙂
4. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would love to go to New York at this time of year. It just seems so fab, the lights, the snow… I can’t think of anything better! I would also love to visit Prague and check out all the Christmas markets!
5. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes. Quite a few times! Living in the UK means snow, rain, cold weather all the time really so its no surprise to have a white Christmas.
6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I love the smell of gingerbread cookies and to be honest any kind of cookies. I also love the scent of winter berries.
7. What is your favourite Christmas song?
I love a good Christmas song but my favourite has to be Feliz Navidad, Michael Buble edition oh yes! Unusual choice but such a cheery and not overplayed song! Also, just have to mention the fact the whole Michael Buble Christmas album is amazing and ooo I also love Fairytale of New York, sorry I am bad at choosing one.
8. Favourite festive food?
Controversially, I am not the biggest fan of Christmas dinner, I mean I like it but I don’t get crazy excited over it like most do. I prefer dessert…(no surprise). I love the treats you get at this time of the year, crepes and churros from the market yum! and of course gingerbread men mmm – check out my recipe here.
9. What’s your favourite holiday drink?
There is always the festive specials in Starbucks and Costa but to be honest as I am not the biggest fan of coffee I love to stick to my warm and cosy Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows (of course!).
10. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
There is so many reasons to love Christmas, the decorations, the cookies, the shopping, the atmosphere, the music but I just love being able to take time off, forget about everything and spend time with your family. I really can’t wait to get the de-stress from the uni workload and just chill and relax with my favourite people 🙂
Its finally Friday!! *Carlton dance* Anyway it’s been a while since my last tag and I thought it was time for another and nothing is more current than Fall. So in honour of my favourite season I have did a little Autumnal inspired tag. Please do try it out yourself! Enjoy 🙂 P.S Keep an eye on my posts.. more fall inspired stuff coming soon 😉
1. What’s your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero etc?
Unfortunately I am going to be like everyone else and go for the pretty obvious Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I am actually not a fan of coffee which sounds a bit daft but I just love this because it just has that perfect spice that reminds me of my love for Fall. I also love a good old hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream 🙂
2. Accessories – what do you opt for, scarf, boots, gloves?
I haven’t properly got in to the whole fall accessories yet but I am always a lover of ankle boots especially my brown ones for this season I mentioned in my September faves. I am also a huge scarf lover going all out this season with my thick monochrome dogtooth scarf and my cute tartan one.
3. Music – what’s your favourite music to listen to during Autumn?
I wouldn’t really say there is a significant change from usual but nothing beats soft acoustic music sitting by the fire eh? Also its the time of the year when One Direction release a new album.. and I am a HUGE fan so that will definitely be on my playlist (It always is though).
4. Perfume – what’s your favourite scent for this time of year?
I am not one of those people that have a specific scent for the time of year, I tend to stick to one fragrance, use it up, then buy something different just from what I like. However I really want my hands on Versace Crystal Noir asap.
5. Candles – what scents will you be burning this season?
Anything cinnamon! I have a couple of winter berry candles and I also love my Jelly Belly Toasted Marshmallow one ..mmm 🙂
6. What do you love most about Autumn?
I love autumn fashion. I really am not a fan of summer clothes, I find wearing shorts and t-shirts kinda boring but I love layering up in Autumn with chunky knits, flannel shirts and oversized coats. And of course the lead up to Christmas .. my favourite time of year. Stay tuned.. I may answer this question more thorough..
7. Favourite makeup look?
I love a berry lip especially Rimmel Kate Moss Matte 107 (obvious choice), I also love MAC Twig lips. For eyes I love bronze/browns shadows .. basically the Naked palette to create a more softer smokey eye.
8. What are you looking forward to most in Autumn?
Difficult question, there is so many! I can’t wait for bonfire night next month to wrap up all cosy for the fireworks, layering up in all my new fall clothes and being able to rock a berry lip daily! And how can I forget Halloween.. my costume is already sorted!
I had seen this beauty tag a few times and I decided to give it a try 🙂 I hope you try it too!
Blush or Bronzer
Blush, its easier to work with and can instantly change your appearance. I particularly love Rimmel Stay Blushed tint in Sunkissed Cherry.
Lipgloss or Lipstick
Lipstick definitely, I go light on lip gloss as it sticks to my hair too much.
Eyeliner or Mascara
Mascara – the one item I could not live without!
Foundation or Concealer
Foundation as you don’t always need concealer.
Neutral or Color Eyeshadow
Neutral, I love browns and bronze shades. Color is a bit too much for me.
Pressed or Loose eye shadows
Pressed as they are easier to blend and work with and loose eye shadows are too messy.
Brushes or Sponges
Brushes! I hate sponges.
O.P.I or China Glaze
O.P.I only because I have never tried China Glaze.
Long or Short
Long, I just think they look better and neater.
Acrylic or Natural
Natural. I would never have Acrylics because my nails are long enough already and they damage your nails too much.
Brights or Darks
Darks. Fall is my favorite season and I love all my dark shades of burgundy and browns.
Flower or No Flower
No Flower, I prefer simplicity.
Perfume or Body Splash
Perfume as its a longer lasting scent.
Lotion or Body Butter
Difficult choice.. probably Body Butter.
Body wash or Soap
LUSH or Other Bath Company
LUSH! It smells amazing! I love their bubblegum lip scrub and their Snow Fairy body wash.
Jeans or Sweat pants
Jeans, I cannot live without them! I love Topshop Joni Jeans and New Look Supersoft Superskinny jeans.
Long sleeve or Short
Short sleeve just because I like wearing layers and I can never really find stylish long sleeve tops.
Dresses or Skirts
Dresses. I love a dress, super pretty and simple to wear.
Stripes or Plaid
Plaids, I love my plaid flannel shirts.
Flip flops or Sandals
Sandals, you can get super pretty ones while flip flops are a little more boring.
Scarves or Hats
Scarves, they can instantly improve your outfit and keep you warm, Bonus!
Studs or Dangly Earrings
Studs, they go with a lot more and are casual to be worn daily.
Necklaces or Bracelets
Necklaces, I love a big statement necklace which can completely change your outfit.
Heels or Flats
Heels. I am quite small so I do like a bit of height 🙂
Cowboy Boots or Riding Boots
Cowboy Boots, I wanna be a cowboy.
Jacket or Hoodie
Hoodie, they are very comfy.
Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe
Forever 21, they have good basics at good prices.
Abercombie or Hollister
Saks 5th or Nordstrom
No idea, never shopped at either.
Curly or Straight
Curly, but just loose curls.
Bun or Ponytail
Bobby pins or Butterfly clips
Bobby Pins. I probably wore Butterfly clips when I was 5.
Hair spray or Gel
Hair Spray. I have never used gel.
Long or Short
Long, you can do more things with it.
Light or Dark
Dark. I think everyone suits dark hair but not everyone suits light hair.
Side sweep bangs or Full bangs
Up or Down
Rain or Shine
Rain if I’m inside, it makes me feel cosy. Shine for outside, I don’t want my hair wet haha.
Summer or Winter
Winter weirdly, I don’t really like the weather but I love my winter wardrobe.
Fall or Spring
Fall my favorite season, I love my fall wardrobe of coats and boots. Its so pretty.
Chocolate or Vanilla
Vanilla, always. I am probably the only person to say that.
East coast or West coast