So if you seen my NYE Look post you may recall seeing this sparkly jumpsuit peeking in the corner alongside my makeup look for the evening. As the post doesn’t do the best justice in showing my look I thought I would do a little outfit post just to show my look in full.
If you did see my previous post then you may spot a few odd changes. Instead of my bold red lip I went for the more modest nude lip with Mac Shy Girl as I paired it with a darker eye featuring the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and the Nars paint pot in the shade Interstellar. And of course the outfit itself is my new love, this very glittery but amazing Topshop jumpsuit paired with silver heels from the brand Call it Spring.
What did you wear on New Years?
I could start this post with the cringy quote of “New year, new me” but I think I’ll pass on that one. Anyway its 2015! How crazy! Happy New Year everyone, I hope you all had a nice New Years whatever you got up to. So to start 2015 I have came up with a few resolutions of what I want to achieve this year. We all make new years resolutions and a couple of weeks later we forget them but I have made realistic aims so hopefully they won’t disappear into thin air… like previous years.
1. Live a more healthy and active lifestyle – Okay, okay we all say this right!? However last year (feels weird saying that!) I did take up a spot of running in the mornings during Summer, crazy I know. So hopefully while its a bit chilly to go for a run just now I am hoping to get my running gear back on for the warmer months. Last year I also became a little more cautious over what I was eating so hopefully this year I can continue that but also cut out more fats and learn to cook more healthy meals.
2. Improve my photography skills – Now I hope you can’t tell that I take my blog photos with my iPhone 4S… oops! I do own a digital camera however its pretty useless so I’m stuck with an also useless phone camera. Hopefully I will have some better lighting in the year (new lightbulbs! haha) and maybe even indulge in a new camera!
3. Continue to improve my blog – I have had this blog since 2010 (crazy how time flies!) and I have only really began to get blogger serious this year. Last year was probably the biggest year for me blogging as I changed my fashion based blog to be more beauty based and a bit of lifestyle so I would like to continue to keep up with my blog and also hopefully get to connect more with other bloggers – Hello 🙂
4. Improve my skincare routine – Again in 2014 I only began to take my skincare a little more seriously but I would like to add to it as I do suffer bad breakouts quite a lot and I want to ensure I have healthy glowing skin!
5. Look after and embrace my hair more – My hair and I. A love-hate relationship. I have the frizziest and curliest hair and I just am no fan. I can never leave my house in the morining and come back later with the same hair, it always ends up a disaster – I’m blaming fresh air. Okay well I can’t really blame nature but I want to be able to style my hair better and find better hair products that can make my hair healthier and nicer. Yes nicer.
So what is your New Years resolutions?
Happy New Years Eve everyone! I can’t quite believe that we have reached the final day in 2014. Did that year go super fast or was it just me? Anyway to bring this year to a close I am going to share my favourites from the month.
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette – It was going to make my favourites some time lets be honest, no surprise here. I am a huge fan of the original naked palette but as winter and Christmas began to settle in I found myself in reach of more rose and purple toned shades and this palette just had the perfect selection I was after. Such beautiful shades and amazing pigmentation, I did a full review here with swatches.
Lush Snow Fairy – Little warning, this will probably be in every future December Favourites post. What is Christmas without Snow Fairy? Nothing. This shower gel itself just makes me feel all festive and wintery and has a to die for girly scent of candy-floss and pear drops. Its just lush … (see what I did there!)
Revlon Black Cherry Lipstick – This has probably been my favourite lipstick from the whole of Autumn/Winter. I heard so many rave reviews regarding this product and had to pick it up. I was a little weary about it at first thinking it would be too dark however paired with my Benefit tinted balm its the perfect dark berry shade for this season. Also, the formula for this lipstick is incredible, smooth and glossy.. I need more Revlon lipsticks!
Lush Santa Lip Scrub – I’ve always been a fan of the Lush lip scrub, they really are fab products and make my lips feel super. I picked up the special festive edition this year and oh my it beats my bubblegum lip scrub by a mile! This cherry cola flavoured scrub makes my lips oh so soft and it tastes amazing!
The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Burst Sorbet – Now thats an incredible name… for an even better product! I put my hands up and admit I have became a bit of a Body Shop addict this year and this product is one of my favourites from them. Its such a hydrating and cooling moisturiser which makes my skin feel so incredibly smooth and soft. Its dreamy, just buy it!
What is your favourite products this month?
I would like to wish all my lovely followers a very Happy New Year and I hope 2015 is a fab year for you all. Thank you ❤
It’s hard to believe in a couple of days time we will be counting down the seconds til the New Year. There is no better time to get dressed up and drown yourself in glitter… yes glitter. And thats exactly what I am doing.
I fell in love with this ever so sparkly patterned jumpsuit from Topshop and just had to buy it. Its very flattering and comfortable although it has covered my floor in a blanket of glitter. It was £38 from Topshop however unfortunately it has sold out.
To match my ever so glittery attire I am going for sparkly shimmery eyes using my Max Factor Excess Shimmer eyeshadow in the shade Copper, serious good stuff here! and also my Naked 2 palette. Yup I finally have my hands on the second palette and its gorgeous! *heart-eyed emoji*
I am also going to add a touch of Benefit High Beam to my cheekbones for a glowy look and to finish off with a sweep of red on my lips. I am going to use my new fave matte red Nars Cruella which I got as part of the Nars Lip Pencil Coffret that I swatched here.
What is your NYE look?