Guess who’s back… back again! Oh yeah, I am finally back after what turned out to be a two week absence but I’m back to start blogging again with no technical issues *fingers crossed* Anyway I am here to discuss a new beauty launch that I am sure many of you will have seen in the last month or two now from Benefit. Benefit have always been the queen brand for brows and now they have went and topped it all off with a whole new brow collection set with some old favourites and new launches altogether in a new silver futuristic style packaging. Having got a few samples from the collection, I thought I would share my thoughts on some of the products on offer!
I’ve always loved a simple wind-up brow pencil as they are super easy so I was excited to see the new Goof Proof Brow Pencil. If you are familiar with the likes of the Soap and Glory Archery and the Anastasia Brow Wiz then this is basically a very similar idea. The great thing about this pencil is that it is slanted so is a perfect and convenient shape to work through brows. It really is fool proof, or should I say goof proof… It comes in 6 shades which is pretty decent and a lot better than the selection Benefit used to have.
Having spent ages doing your brows, the last thing you want is them to fly out of place. A clear brow gel works well to set brows in place and Benefit have released their own entitled Ready, Set, Brow! I’ve never used a clear setting gel before so I can’t really compare it to anything else. It is nice enough however I haven’t really experienced the need to have my brows being set as the products I use are always long-wearing. The gel doesn’t feel uncomfortable or sticky which is good although all I would say is that I do feel like the applicator would be better like a round spoolie rather than being flat.
To finish on a high, Benefit have also included one of my favourites, Gimme Brow. If you have been reading this blog for a while you may be familiar with my feelings on this one. It is basically a tinted eyebrow gel with micro fibres which work to help thicken your brows and make them appear fuller. It really is a great and super easy product and definitely worth the money as it lasts so long. The addition of extra shades is also very welcomed considering there only was two! Definitely one I recommend!
What do you think of this new collection?
Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin | Instagram
Glasses used to be seen as being “uncool” and “geeky” however times have moved on and now glasses are seen as a trendy fashion accessory. I’ve had pretty bad eyesight for around 10 years now *gasps* and so glasses are more a “necessity” rather than a “fashion accessory” to me however I would feel strange looking without them but whatever the reason behind them there are a few cautions to look out for when it comes to applying makeup. Eye makeup always makes me feel that little more confident and when it comes to applying makeup for glasses wearers, one thing; its all in the eyes!
1. Mascara – Depending on your vision eyes can appear either smaller or bigger with glasses. Being short-sighted (close up vision) my eyes appear smaller so its important to me to make my eyes appear wider. Mascara is a great way in opening up your eyes and using eyelash curlers can also be a further help.
2. Eyeliner – Eyeliner is very important. The tip is to match the thickness of your eyeliner to the thickness of your frames. As I have pretty large frames I tend to go for a more thicker line of eyeliner. Also adding a white or nude eyeliner to the inner corner of your eye can help them look wider. Also if you tend to adopt a cat-eye winged eyeliner look ensure that the flick can be seen from your glasses and isn’t hidden behind the frame for those with smaller frames.
3. Eyeshadow – Wearing glasses means that the focal point is straight to the eyes so its important to keep things neutral. Try to avoid bright shades of eyeshadow and stick to more neutral shades so if you don’t already then think about asking for Urban Decay Naked palettes for your birthday, they are a treat! Also avoid applying eyeshadow higher than your frames reach.
4. Eyebrows – Eyebrows are important when it comes to wearing glasses as they are more noticeable so ensure they are kept tidy and are shaped to the style of your frames.
5. Concealer – If you are prone to dark circles or bags under the eyes be sure to conceal this area to get an even colour (i.e Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer) and also use an under eye brighter such as the YSL Touche Eclat or even a highlighter to bring a little life to your eyes.
6. Cheeks and Lips – And last but not least, by leaving the eyes neutral don’t be afraid to add a pop of colour to your cheeks and lips. And also ensure to add a little highlight to your cheekbones 🙂
I hope these tips were helpful. Everyone has different preferences and its up to you how you apply your makeup.
How do you adapt your makeup when wearing glasses?
My eyebrows are a mess. They really are. You might be one of those people who was naturally gifted with sleek brows or you might be like me with seriously untidy slugs on your face. I had seen so many positive reviews on Soap and Glory’s Archery eye brow tint and shaping pencil that I really couldn’t resist picking it up in my last shopping trip in a bid to neaten up my messy brows. Boots had a great buy one get one half price deal on S&G products meaning I picked up this at a neat £5 rather than its £10 price tag. The product has two sides, one the brow tint pen and the other a shaping crayon.
My not so lovely eyebrows (Before).
So to use this product you start with the pen tint side and brush on the tint over your eyebrow to fill in the colour.
My eyebrow after using the tint pen.
Then its time for the other side, the crayon to shape the eyebrow.
And Voila! (left eyebrow: archery look, right eyebrow: no product)
So if you are like me with incredibly messy brows I definitely recommend this product. As you can see while my eyebrows could do with a bit of plucking they look a lot better than before. The product is incredibly simple to use and apply and still allows your brows to look natural. Great product!